Keeping up to date with all the latest regulations and controls in Asia and the US is challenging and this conference will provide attendees with an overview of each country’s export controls across Asia-Pacific - as well as the latest export reforms from the US. Asia is a growing market for many defense contractors and this is the perfect opportunity to review the licenses and regulations to comply with in the region.
This regional conference will provide public and private sector personnel unrivalled knowledge and know-how of the export controls in Asia. Along with the individual overviews of each nations export regulations Military Exports & Compliance Asia will provide attendees the opportunity to hear the latest ITAR and EAR reforms that are paramount for defense contractors to follow and abide.
Military Exports & Compliance Asia will discuss key trends in the market place such as dual-use products, the Strategic Trade Act (STA), UN Sanctions and Anti-Corruption Compliance. There will also be a main focus on U.S. defense trade in the Asia-Pacific and how the U.S. export reforms affect Asia.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to attend Asia's largest forum of regional and U.S. government officials discussing the latest export controls.
• Jon Chicky, Senior Regional Policy Advisor for Southeast Asia, DTSA, U.S Department of Defense
• Colonel Jatuporn Chaiyasree, Director, Munitions Control and Development Division, Defence Industrial Department, Defence Industry and Energy Center, Ministry of Defence, Thailand
• Luis Catibayan, Director, Bureau of Import Services, Department of Trade & Industry, The Philippines
• John Tilemann, Director, Counter Proliferation, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia
• Muhammad Khayam, Director of Basic Chemical Industry, Directorate General for Manufacturing Industry Base, Ministry of Industry (MOI), Indonesia
• George Tan, Director, Asia Export Controls, Bryan Cave
• Faizal Yusoff, Deputy Director, Strategic Trade Controller, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Malaysia
• Tran Ba Cuong, Director of Origin and Quality Control Division, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnam
• Donald Pearce, Regional Export Control Officer, US Embassy, Singapore
• Eric Carlson, Partner, Covington & Burling
• Jeremy Shen, Deputy Executive Secretary, Trade Security and Export Control Task Force, Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan
• Katsuhisa Furukawa, Member, Panel of Experts established pursuant to Resolution 1874 (2009), United Nations Security Council
Bryan Cave International Consulting (Asia Pacific) provides strategic, cross-border supply chain, operational and regulatory consulting solutions under the areas of Customs and Trade, Export Control, and Government and Regulatory Affairs. We provide clients the advice needed to react and benefit from the diverse and constantly evolving regulatory landscape of the global business environment.
Covington & Burling LLP is a major international law firm with more than 800 lawyers practicing from offices in ten locations including Washington, London, Brussels, and Beijing. We assist multinational companies as well as smaller firms with advisory and enforcement matters involving international trade controls administered by the US, EU, PRC, and other governments, including export controls, economic sanctions, and compliance with anti-bribery prohibitions such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act, and related anti-corruption laws and regulations. Our international trade practice is ranked in Chambers Band 1. www.cov.com
Interested to Register?
About the organisers Intelligence-Sec Limited
Intelligence-Sec is a fully integrated Conferences and Exhibitions Company creating targeted well thought out four day events to keep you fully up to date with all the topical subjects in the security industry. Our employees are fully up to speed, and passionate about security and aim to provide you with the best industry events across the globe. With full experience of operating in global markets we ensure that our clients are 100% satisfied with our services. We aim to work to your requirements and are fully flexible so that you gain the best possible return on investment at our events.
Intelligence-Sec employees have extensive knowledge in the events and security industry. We work with local government agencies to ensure the best quality of knowledge and up to date topics are being discussed at our events.
We ensure that each event Intelligence-Sec deliver is thoroughly researched to provide subject matter of a high standard. We strive to engage the best industry speakers from across the globe in order that you receive a full perspective of the event focus when you participate.
What can you expect from us? Intelligence-Sec will work with you to make sure our events are the best possible and that you leave fully satisfied with the experience you have had and nothing less.