Home » Post-Pandemic Impacts on Food & Beverage Businesses and How to Ensure Resiliency
Post-Pandemic Impacts on Food & Beverage Businesses and How to Ensure Resiliency
Feb 17 - 1:00 PM EST
February 1, 2021
As the coronavirus outbreak has spread, unparalleled challenges have arisen for food and beverage companies all over the world. Extraordinary measures have been taken to keep the food supply chain safe, efficient, and productive.
Industry leaders, with agile solutions, are swiftly changing their approach to mitigate the fallout of the pandemic; further cementing them as leaders in the post-pandemic world.
Yet many companies are still learning to cope with the new realities of the crisis. The need to quickly identify, develop, and adopt new capabilities that ensure long-term resiliency is ever present on everyone’s mind.
For manufacturers and distributors of Food & Beverage, the new normal is characterized by a variety of factors that include:
• Consumer demand, both in the volume and variety of manufactured goods consumed
• Direct to consumer demand, and the disruption to transportation / delivery networks
• Workforce availability (health), composition, and location
• Regional/global pandemic restrictions to the food supply chain
• Raw material and component inventory shortages affecting production, with resulting inventory shortages impacting manufacturing and distribution companies’ sales
This webinar will discuss some of the key factors involved in building a more resilient post-pandemic Food & Beverage supply chain in 2021 and beyond, including:
• Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic
• Accelerating technology implementation to improve agility
• Methods for developing a more proactive supply chain network
• Building trust into supply chain practices