The report, "SaaS Is The Default OMS Approach In An Omnichannel World," was commissioned by Order Dynamics and conducted by Forrester. Among the key findings are:
• Sales, commerce and fulfillment solutions, including OMS, are top technology priorities for 62 percent of retailers and brands over the next 12 months.
• Top omnichannel OMS operational objectives and goals for 2016 include: increasing order-level profitability (42 percent), leveraging enterprise inventory more efficiently (38 percent) and understanding customer order cost analysis (34 percent).
• The most important order routing factors for distributed order management strategy include: individual location inventory, order profitability and customer loyalty.
• 25 percent of respondents said that advanced omnichannel OMS functionalities were either unavailable in their OMS or they weren’t planning to use them at all.
• 42 percent of survey respondents said they have integrated their OMS with core enterprise applications such as point-of-sale/service (POS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) apps.
Source: Order Dynamics
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.