Visit Our Sponsors
GXS has launched Trading Grid for Excel, a service that enables enterprises to seamlessly automate B2B transactions with global trading partners via the world's ubiquitous desktop application, Microsoft Office Excel 2007. GXS Trading Grid for Excel takes advantage of the new Office Excel 2007 user interface, XML file format structures and the hallmark custom programmability of Office Excel 2007. The new service also combines the document management and translation capabilities inherent in GXS Trading Grid, to deliver a "direct to desktop" automation solution for enterprises and their trading partners.
Frequently, less than 20 percent of companies participating in trading partner networks are B2B e-commerce-enabled, while the remaining 80 percent use a variety of manual processes, including phone, fax and e-mailed spreadsheets, GXS says. Trading Grid for Excel adds a new tool in the arsenal for enterprises seeking to "e-enable" additional trading partners. GXS says the new service is the only one on the market that translates Office Excel 2007 spreadsheets directly into standardized e-commerce transactions for seamless and automated integration with an enterprise's back-end systems. Key features of the service include templates customized for the enterprise's requirements, built-in data validation, quick and easy start-up, a web-based portal with real-time status updates and robust support options. With this service, users can gain needed visibility into document exchanges to quickly and easily assess the status of transactions via Trading Grid Online, GXS's web-based portal.
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.