Maritime consultancy SeaIntel has published a new index ranking the world's top 20 container lines on their environmental credentials.
The Container Carrier Environmental Benchmark found Maersk Line was the most environmentally sound line, followed by Hamburg SÃƒÂ¼d, Hyundai Merchant Marine, NYK Line and MOL.
Lines receiving the lowest three scores were China Shipping, Mediterranean Shipping Co., and PIL.
The index rates lines on a five-point scale, taking into account numerous factors, including:
• Carbon efficiency of carrier's fleet
• Age of vessels
• Participation in major environmental initiatives
• Voluntary use of low-sulfur fuel
• Issuance of regular environmental reports
• Whether carrier provides customers a carbon calculator.
Read Full Article
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.