A few years back Facebook and social media was the big bang. Last year mobile advertising took to the stage. This year everyone is talking about female entrepreneurs and their ability to conquer the world with the right kind of online marketing support in place.
"Woman" is becoming synonymous with the term "successful business" because women approach business and operational strategy from the ground up. Women are good with details, small steps that lead to large strides and their creativity knows no bounds.
If you're female and you have an idea for the next big thing in business, but you need some help to get your idea known and perfect your online advertising strategy fast, you might need some advice or tools to get things in motion.
Why is it that women are becoming so shrewd in the world of new business and innovative ideas?
What does the modern woman have that makes her so effective in the role of leader? How can you learn to bring out your female leader from within and build the successful business that you have for so long wanted to share with the world?
Formulate the beginnings of your new business by using these specialist marketing tips and ideas...
1. Play to your strengths as a modern woman<
Let's get one thing straight from the start. Both men and women have what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur. Both men and women can be the best of the best when it comes to managing teams and leading companies to local, national and even worldwide success.
However, as this particular post is about female entrepreneurs and how female entrepreneurs should go about marketing themselves and their businesses, Men and women do operate in different ways (Mars v. Venus and all that!) and women need to learn to play to their strengths.
Women are excellent with details and fine tuning. From our positive experiences of working with female entrepreneurs on their pay per click marketing campaigns, we know this to be the case.
Therefore, look for the small details that make your business different to those similar businesses run by your competitors and then highlight those differences in your advertising campaigns. Women are good at finding the details and dealing with the details, so be one of those women who knows how to play to her strengths in order to get her marketing campaign working better for her.
2. Learn from the most successful female entrepreneurs
The second thing that the female entrepreneur can do, on top of getting her pay per click advertising campaign on the right track, is to learn from those female entrepreneurs who have already found success and maintained it.
Some highly successful female entrepreneurs that you might want to do a little research on include:
1. Marie Diaz is the CEO of Pursuit of Excellence in Dallas. Pursuit of Excellence is a human resources company with a three year growth of roughly 7% and an annual revenue in the region of US$10 million.
2. Eileen Gittins is the CEO and President of Blurb in San Francisco. Blurb is a site which helps people print, promote and sell their books. It tied in beautifully with the rise of social media and has an annual revenue of roughly US$45 million.
3. Jennifer Scully, CEO and President of Clinical Resources, places qualified nurses in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities from the business' base in Atlanta. Annual revenue lies in the region of US$4.4 million and the three year growth of the company has been recorded at roughly 3.7%
4. Jessica Herrin is the CEO of Stella & Dot in Burlingame, California. Stella & Dot was launched in 2004. It is an accessories company that provides women with families that opportunity to become sales entrepreneurs from their homes and has an annual revenue in the region of US$32.8 million.
3. Network with other female entrepreneurs
As well as research into successful female entrepreneurs, women can do a lot to help their marketing campaigns by networking with other businesswomen, making contacts and sharing what their companies have to offer in any way possible.
Networking online via social media is useful and attending business conferences organized close to your work is also an excellent way of driving your advertising campaigns forward.
Another idea is to work in conjunction with other businesses headed by successful women and to promote your events together in a tag team kind of way. Women are excellent team players. They love to work together as part of a team and this should be seen as a real advantage when it comes to marketing your brand.
Going solo is not always the only way to get ahead in advertising and women are particularly good at making use of business friends and colleagues. The world of advertising is no different and it can be a good idea for women to exploit the fact that they have friends in the marketing rat race as well when possible.
Webrageous is a pay per click management company, specializing in the management of Google AdWords campaigns for a wide variety of clients.
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.