The key findings of the white paper include:
• Rate of store growth was either holding steady (48%) or accelerating (34%), with forecasts for the next two years suggesting activity will continue to climb;
• Retailers with 1,000+ stores had the highest rate of growth compared with the last 12 months, and in 2012 these retailers plan to open and remodel the most stores; and
• Retailers with the largest footprint have the most aggressive remodeling plans
• Nearly unanimous endorsement for the use of real estate technology, with 70% of respondents saying technology is even more important now than it was 12 to 24 months ago;
• Regarding the impact of existing technology, 56% of respondents realized improvements in efficiency, 33% saw improvements in collaboration, and 27% noted lowered costs.
"With 70% of retailers who responded to the survey stating they plan to open new stores in 2013, up from 63% opening new stores this year, the outlook for growth in the retail industry is clearly trending positive," stated Alice Reimer, President, CEO and co-founder of Evoco. "We sponsored this report to highlight the uptick in positive momentum with technology adoption while providing retailers with quantifiable data around which they could build growth strategies and ultimately make strategic decisions on their technology."
Click here to download a free copy of the white paper "Growth Forecasts and Impacts of Real Estate Technology".
Source: Evoco Inc.
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.