While the main talking points of cloud enterprise resource planning versus on-premises ERP are well known, as the cloud ERP market has matured additional benefits are being touted as game-changers in the manufacturing ERP realm. The cloud ERP model promises many benefits, including improvements in the following areas:
• cost of ownership
• data transparency and security
• system adaptability and configurability
• range of functionality features available
• compliance with regulations
• integration with other applications
• system implementation and maintenance
• system flexibility and scalability
• accessibility (location- and web-wise)
• system up-time and infrastructure
However, the situation is not quite so clear cut as cloud ERP vendors may purport it to be.
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.