ProLogis, the global owner, manager and developer of distribution facilities features detailed insights and commentary from supply-chain executives at two Fortune 500 companies in the latest edition of the ProLogis Supply Chain Review--John Mascaritolo, director of global logistics at NCR Corp., a global technology company; and Maithili Shenoy, director of supply chain strategy and development at Nike Corporation. The report is derived from a panel discussion at the 2006 Supply Chain World Conference.
"Both Nike and NCR are among the world's best companies at managing supply chains efficiently and effectively in a global environment," said Leonard Sahling, ProLogis first vice president of global research. "John Mascaritolo and Maithili Shenoy each have a unique vantage on the world of logistics today, and on the trade-offs and challenges corporations face as they source products and deliver them to customers."
Specific issues discussed in the report include:
1. Unforeseen logistics costs that result from shipping delays, missed delivery dates and slow inventory turns
2. The challenges of moving product in developing countries with inadequate transportation infrastructure;
3. Complex foreign trade processes, including volatile duty rates and taxes, frequent regulatory changes and product reclassifications;
4. A compression in cost advantages associated with offshore manufacturing
5. Building speed, responsiveness and adaptability into supply chains in the face of growing product proliferation.
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.