Pelion Systems says its Automotive MPO enterprise application suite is designed to enable automotive industry manufacturers to achieve demand-driven, synchronized operations that dramatically improve performance.
Automotive MPO is based on the company's Pelion MPO for demand-driven manufacturing, and was defined and implemented in conjunction with a major tier-one automotive supplier. The software reportedly was successfully deployed across two large, complex manufacturing facilities to support strategic and tactical decisions while managing daily operations in direct response to customer requirements.
Some of the benefits include:
• An increase in on-time ship and delivery from 65 percent to greater than 97 percent
• A reduction in premium freight by 85 percent
• Premium overtime planned and prioritized, resulting in a 75 percent reduction
• Build-to-volume increased from 65 percent to more than 98 percent
• Build-to-schedule (mix) increased from 51 percent to more than 94 percent
• Inventory was reduced by 27 percent.
Dave Alcala, chairman and CEO of Pelion, says, "We now have the proven expertise and software tools needed to help auto manufacturers achieve a sustainable competitive market advantage through true demand-driven operations."
The software suite complements existing ERP/MRP and APS systems and helps manufacturers visualize, define, design, implement and sustain manufacturing best practices.
Visit www.pelionsystems.com for more on the Boulder, Colo.-based company.
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.