Visit Our Sponsors
The products were produced by Conagra Brands Inc. from Jan. 5 to Jan. 12, 2017, and were distributed nationwide to warehouses and retail locations, according to a recent recall notice.
Subject to the recall are 14.75-ounce cans of the following products:
• Chef Boyardee mini pasta shells & meatballs
• Libby's spaghetti & meatballs
• Del Pino's spaghetti & meatballs
• Hy-Top spaghetti and meatballs
• Food Hold spaghetti & meatballs
• Essential Everyday spaghetti with meatballs
• Hannaford spaghetti & meatballs
• Food Club spaghetti & meatballs
The labels all say the meatballs are made with pork, chicken and beef and are in tomato sauce.
The Chef Boyardee cans bear the package code 2100700500 and a use-by date of Dec. 26, 2018. The rest have the package code 2100701200 and a use-by date of Jan. 2, 2019. They all have the establishment number "EST. 794M" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Conagra said the mislabeling was detected June 6 when it received notice from an ingredient supplier that the bread crumbs used in the products potentially contained undeclared milk.
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.