Visit Our Sponsors
GE Homeland Protection requires - and manages - an extensive field force located at major airports all over the world. As you might imagine, it needs timely service and support at all of its locations. It also requires an aggressive response time due the critical nature of its business. In fact, it typically needs to have parts available on-site within a 4-hour requirement window - an international 4-hour requirement - and this continues to be one of the greatest challenges it faces.
In 2006, GE Homeland Protection was faced with a need to replace its logistics vendor. Its mission in that effort was to find an efficient logistics solutions provider who could help it not only meet - but exceed - its customers' requirements for expeditious and effective service on a global basis. As part of that process, company management used the following checklist to find the right provider:
• Must be able to fulfill virtually every need we - and our customers - have.
• Must be ready to accommodate us over the long haul.
• Must be honest and forthright with us at all times, and in all ways.
• Must have a high degree of inventory accuracy.
• Must be able to do what they say they are going to do.
• Must be prompt - not only in the U.S. or Europe; but globally.
• Must be able to establish and maintain an "arm-in-arm" relationship.
• Must be able to help us quickly solve our logistics problems & challenges.
• They must be customer-centric.
To read the full case study, please visit: http://www.flashlogistics.com/GE_Vertical_Web.pdf
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.