Entries to any of the categories can be made through the event's website at: www.bifa.org/awards. BIFA's Freight Service Awards are open to all full and probationary Members of the trade Association.
BIFA Director General Peter Quantrill says: "BIFA has long emphasised the value of these awards in driving up standards in our industry, while at the same time acknowledging the skills and attributes of the many hard-working individuals and companies working within our industry.
According to Quantrill, the awards will be presented in January 2013. Judging meetings will be held in mid-October to select four finalists in each category, at which stage finalists will be informed if they have made the final shortlist. Finalists will be announced at the end of October, while winners will be announced at the awards ceremony Jan. 17, 2013.
The nine BIFA Freight Service Awards 2012 are:
• Air Freight Award - sponsored by IAG Cargo
• Environment Award - sponsored by Red Recruit
• European Logistics Award - sponsored by TT Club
• Ocean Freight Award - sponsored by CargoWise
• Project Forwarding Award - sponsored by Peter Lole & Co
• Special Services Award - sponsored by Forward Computers
• Staff Development Award - sponsored by Albacore Systems
• Supply Chain Management Award - sponsored by BoxTop Technologies
• Young Freight Forwarder Award - sponsored by Virgin Atlantic Cargo
Further information relating to entering, including luncheon ceremony reservations, can be found on the BIFA Awards 2012 web pages, click here.
Source: British International Freight Association
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.