“As APICS and APICS SCC, we now have the resources to ensure supply chain organizations are ready to address two of the most important topics in the global economy today – elevating supply chain performance and developing supply chain talent,” said Abe Eshkenazi, CEO of APICS.
The merger creates a global leader in supply chain solutions, poised to benefit members, customers, partners and employees in several ways. Specifically, the merger:
• Creates the industry-leading portfolio of brands. The combination unites entities ranked #1 (APICS) and #2 (SCC) recently by SCM World, each holding the respected brands in the markets they serve. The SCC SCOR model and SCOR Professional (SCOR-P) brands will be leveraged along with APICS’s Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) designation brands to help corporations and professionals achieve their goals.
• Ensures investment, improvement, innovation and continued relevancy of training, standards, certifications and intellectual capital. The combination offers greater resources and access to an expanded network of subject matter experts and volunteers committed to advancing the organization’s reputation as the source of industry standards, benchmarks and thought leadership.
• Strengthens global competitive position. The unified entity offers greater resources and creates more opportunities to distinctively serve members, customers, corporations and partners in more than 100 countries.
• Builds strong platform for growth. The combined product portfolio offers significant cross-sell and global expansion opportunities, including the marketing of SCC's highly-respected training programs based on the SCOR model to APICS's clients, as well as the marketing of APICS's industry-leading courseware and designations to SCC's clients.
• Captures significant operational efficiencies. The combination is expected to identify operational efficiencies and greater economies of scale primarily in back-office and support areas and through the sharing of technology platforms.
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.