Examining inventory accuracy with other metrics in APQC's Open Standards logistics research, APQC found that an increase in inventory accuracy from 98 percent to 99 percent is associated with:
• a 7.7 percent increase in supplier orders delivered on time,
• faster dock-to-stock cycle times (1.56 hours faster), and
• a 2.25 percent increase in the number of sales orders delivered on time.
According to the same data, inventory accuracy also is correlated with:
• higher percentages of supplier orders delivered on time,
• shorter dock-to-stock cycle times for supplier deliveries,
• higher percentages of sales orders delivered on time,
• lower total cost to operate outbound transportation per sales order, and
• lower freight costs to operate outbound transportation as a percentage of total logistics cost.
Read Full Article
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.