Embraer, the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer, has selected Menlo Worldwide to operate a regional logistics hub that provides parts to the company's Asia-Pacific customers.
Menlo has established a dedicated, 24/7 operation at its existing Singapore Regional Logistics Hub to maintain a complete inventory of repairable, expendable and structural parts for Embraer's ERJ 145 and the Embraer 170/190 line of commercial jet aircraft.
• Import customs clearance, local transportation of inbound
shipments to Menlo's Singapore logistics center, parts receiv-
ing, quality inspection and put-away
• Ambient and temperature controlled bulk, rack, shelf and
security-controlled warehouse space for Embraer
• Management of more than 20,000 SKUs of aircraft service
parts, components and supplies, including repair and returns
• Order fulfillment to include picking, packing and three levels
of dispatch service ranging from scheduled ship dates to two-
• Management of transportation for all outbound service parts
shipments, incorporating emergency expedite, regular air-
freight, surface and ocean
• Selection and management of Embraer-approved freight
• Technology systems for supply chain visibility, warehousing
and transportation management, business metrics reporting
and performance analysis.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, Embraer, based in SÃƒÂ£o JosÃƒÂ© dos Campos, in SÃƒÂ£o Paulo state, reportedly had a firm order backlog totaling $14.8bn.
Enjoy curated articles directly to your inbox.