|Recorded December 12, 2006 - Now Available On Demand|
Global sourcing has become a critical consideration for supply chain executives and managers everywhere. The quality of visibility, relative to what and how you source and manage the global supply chain, can make a huge difference in the ultimate success of a company.
This webinar looks beyond simple supply chain visibility to how integrated cross-functional global visibility creates world class results based on the quality and granularity of information that:
• enhances inventory optimization;
• manages cash better;
• reduces landed costs; and
• manages regulatory compliance more effectively and efficiently.
John McLennan of Liberty Richter (Tree of Life group) and Ned Blinick will provide insights into how Liberty has been able to deliver significant, tangible values to their global organization. John's approach to data and visibility was to find ways to genuinely integrate his front and back offices so they now operate seamlessly. This has helped Liberty grow its business year-over-year and:
• double its return on capital;
• increase inventory turns from 3.5 to +6.0 per year; and
• dramatically increase staff productivity and achieve operational savings which fall directly to the company's bottom-line.
Delivering on the Promise of Global Visibility will include:
• Redefining the approach to and benefits inherent in true enterprise visibility.
• The must have enterprise visibility tools that every C.F.O., C.O.O. and C.I.O. and supply chain leader can use to get solid results.
• What it takes to see a SKU at any point in its life-cycle.
• What the upstream and downstream impacts and implications are - both financially and to customers - of SKU visibility.
• The benefits of running a global business in a non-silo operating environment.
• How cash management improves as visibility improves.
John McLennan, CPA, is C.F.O. of Liberty Richter, a leading subsidiary of the + US $2 billion Tree of Life Group of Companies. Liberty is the U.S.'s leading marketer and importer of specialty foods. John had been corporate controller and treasurer for Hagemeyer N.A., and with PWC's Accounting and Business Advisory Services' practice where he specialized in high tech manufacturing and the oil and gas industry. He has worked with several Fortune 500 companies.
Edward K. (Ned) Blinick is Blinco Systems' Vice-President, Sales & Marketing and founding partner of 3rdwave Global Trade Management, Sourcing, Logistics and Distribution solutions. Ned's spoken at CSCMP, DC Expo, and the National Defense University, and published many articles. He's past President of one of the largest independently-owned food importers in Canada, and was Director of the Canadian Food Brokers' Association. He holds an MBA from York University.
Timely, incisive articles delivered directly to your inbox.